Vining Sparks delivers products and services designed specifically for institutional investors. As a national leader in executing fixed income securities transactions, Vining Sparks is uniquely qualified to provide institutional investors with opportunities to better meet their stated objectives. Our approach to successful investing combines strategic support services with broad trading capabilities. Some specific details of our services are listed below:
- Vining Sparks is one of the world’s
top 20 underwriters of newly issued debt by agencies of the U.S. Government.
As such, we can structure deals specifically for you or let you know
as new deals come to market.
- As a regional dealer, we have “one call access” to a wide array of primary dealer and regional inventories (including those you don’t regularly deal with). Our active trading desk is staffed by twenty-five trading professionals and even though we have our own inventory totaling hundreds of millions of dollars, we are not limited to just our own inventory.
- Loan Trading helps investors manage their loan portfolios (Commercial, Residential, and Consumer loans) through strategic loan sales or acquisitions. This large segment of the balance sheet can now be a source of liquidity, and loan sales can also help institutions manage interest rate and credit risk in their loan portfolios. Loan acquisitions can offset low loan demand and augment growth strategies.
- ZM Financial is a commercially available software system designed to assist total return investors in beating a specific index or liability bogey. We are a licensed user of ZM Financial and run the program for our total return customers who need it.
Through our in-house proprietary portfolio management system, VPORT, we can provide monthly pricing for virtually all fixed income securities. This system utilizes a variety of electronic pricing services and then selects the best source for each market sector and sector type. This approach is more accurate than using a single pricing source or a pricing matrix. In addition, VPORT can notify you if we have a matching position in our inventory to a security in your portfolio. When “matchers” are noted, you have the opportunity to “add on” to your current position or sell an odd lot at a round lot bid. This is especially helpful to portfolio managers who wish to limit the number of positions in the portfolio. Our VPORT system also provides:
- immediate notification of called securities by daily electronic monitoring;
- predicted call dates updated regularly based on the current treasury curve and newly issued security levels; and
- five-year, month-by-month projection of cash flows based on predicted calls and projected prepayment speeds on amortizing securities. This system is also used to produce the Performance Profile mentioned above.
Vining Sparks is one of the world's largest poolers of Small Business Administration Guaranteed Loan Pool Certificates (SBA GLPCs). These securities carry the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government and offer investors a floating rate security with no periodic or life caps. As a pooler, Vining Sparks is regularly purchasing the government-guaranteed portion of SBA and USDA loans.
Soft dollar arrangements are available for other services which you might need but are not listed above.
If you have any further questions, please contact your account representative or Randy Wade, Executive Vice President, at (800) 829-0321.