Products & Services for Public Funds
Vining Sparks delivers products and services designed specifically for government portfolios. As a national leader in executing fixed income securities transactions for institutional investors, Vining Sparks is uniquely qualified to provide governmental portfolio managers with opportunities to better meet their stated objectives. Our approach to successful investing combines strategic support services with broad trading capabilities. Some specific details of our services for government portfolios are listed below:
- Vining Sparks is one of the world’s top 20 underwriters of newly issued debt by agencies of the U.S. Government. As such, we can structure deals specifically for you or let you know as new deals come to market.
- As a regional dealer, we have “one call access” to a wide array of primary dealer and regional inventories (including those you don’t regularly deal with). Our active trading desk is staffed by twenty-five trading professionals and even though we have our own inventory totalling hundreds of millions of dollars, we are not limited to just our own inventory.
- ZM Financial is a commercially available software system designed to assist portfolio managers whose objective is to maximize total return. We are a licensed user of ZM Financial and run the program for our governmental customers who need it.
- Through our in-house proprietary portfolio management system, VPORT, we can provide monthly pricing for virtually all fixed income securities. This system utilizes a variety of electronic pricing services and then selects the best source for each market sector and sector type. This approach is more accurate than using a single pricing source or a pricing matrix. In addition, VPORT can notify you if we have a matching position in our inventory to a security in your portfolio. When “matchers” are noted, you have the opportunity to “add on” to your current position or sell an odd lot at a round lot bid. This is especially helpful to portfolio managers who wish to limit the number of positions in the portfolio. Our VPORT system also provides:
- immediate notification of called securities by daily electronic monitoring;
- predicted call dates updated regularly based on the current treasury curve and newly issued security levels; and
- five-year, month-by-month projection of cash flows based on predicted calls and projected prepayment speeds on amortizing securities. This system is also used to produce the Performance Profile mentioned above.
- Soft dollar arrangements are available for other services which you might need but are not listed above.
If you have any questions, please contact your account representative or Randy Wade, Executive Vice President, at (800) 829-0321.