Vining Sparks offers the very best talent and industry-leading technology to help you manage your institution’s investment portfolio. Our team knows the market, understands regulations, and is prepared to help you make sound financial decisions to grow the portfolio.
Our bond accounting service is built upon the COR-FS ParagonTM system. It allows us to efficiently and accurately account for fixed-income investments. Our team supports this system by using a variety of vendors to supply accurate data for the system.
We’re able to easily convert existing systems, generate custom reports (both physical and electronic), and provide continual support to help revise reports or handle questions at no extra charge.
While some firms utilize analyses and strategies as a means of pushing products, we begin with your needs. That means we only offer products and strategies that assist in achieving optimum performance. Because your instituion has unique needs, we have professionals of diverse skills and backgrounds, all dedicated to serving you. With CPAs, CFAs, former portfolio managers, and tenured strategists, you can count on having professionals who are interested in providing thoughtful, informed recommendations based on your needs and detailed analysis.
We also offer an array of analytical tools to help develop informed recommendations and analysis:
- Performance Profile
- Managing the opportunities and risks in an investment portfolio is challenging enough under the current interest rate environment… but, what happens when rates change? A dynamic rate environment can impact not only the current earnings capability of an investment portfolio, it can impact the duration, market value, and liquidity of the portfolio. Lending to the complexity of the challenge, today’s investment security offerings are diverse with a variety of structures. We developed the Performance Profile, a detailed report that calculates market risk and expected cash flow for your institution’s portfolio under various interest rate scenarios. In addition, you can gain a holistic view of your institution by benchmarking its financial performance versus a customizable peer group. We believe the Performance Profile is the ideal summary for portfolio managers to review when considering the opportunities and risks inherent in the investment portfolio.
- The Performance Profile includes graphs and tables that detail up to date portfolio analytics designed to provide analysis and data for the most pressing portfolio management issues. The analytics are derived using best practice methodologies and industry leading software, such as The Yield Book®.
- Performance Architect
- Building and managing a high performing portfolio is an ongoing process that encompasses the liquidity needs and the interest rate risk position of an institution’s balance sheet. Over time the needs of the balance sheet change and the portfolio characteristics may need to be altered. The Performance Architect is a simulation tool we created to not only manage the investment portfolio, but to manage the entire balance sheet. A changing rate environment, coupled with a growing balance sheet can impact not only the current earnings capability of an investment portfolio, it can impact the duration, market value, and liquidity of the portfolio.
- The Performance Architect offers the ability to look at a simple bond swap, a portfolio restructuring, or a simulation where loan growth is funded by laddered term funding. The portfolio analytics are driven by industry leading software, such as The Yield Book®, while incorporating your institution’s Earnings at Risk, Economic Value of Equity, and liquidity metrics. The Portfolio Architect uses up to date bond and whole loan offerings, as well as customized funding and hedge strategies. Ultimately, the Performance Architect offers you the ability to compare the impact of multiple strategies on earnings, liquidity, interest rate risk exposure, and capital in an expedient manner.
- Client Access
- Current and potential clients can access our online proprietary portal that enables institutional investors to access and analyze their institution’s portfolio. The portal provides users with the ability drill down and analyze the portfolio. Available analytics include pricing, cash flow projections, price volatility, and optionality impact calculated using The Yield Book®. Additionally, the portal provides extensive reporting capabilities as well as the ability to download to a spreadsheet, giving almost unlimited opportunities to arrange, sort, and analyze the data.
- We provide regulatory and accounting information relating to both investments and interest rate risk management. Banks typically face regulatory issues, liquidity needs, pledging, tax issues, and interest rate risk as their primary constraints — and we’re prepared to handle all of it.
We offer the safekeeping of securities at BNY Mellon in a segregated account. This service includes:
- Issuance of safekeeping receipts
- Timely principal and interest payments
- Credit Advices issued in advance of payment on principal, interest, maturities, etc. giving you a description of security, amount, due date of payment and disposition of funds.
- Access to Federated’s Government Obligation Fund and Treasury Obligation Fund for the investment of temporary cash balances
- Monthly statements showing holdings, activity, and balances