Fixed Income Products
We offer a number of fixed income products to help you minimize risk and protect your investments.
Vining Sparks delivers products and services designed specifically for credit union portfolios. As a national leader in executing fixed income securities transactions, Vining Sparks is uniquely qualified to provide portfolio managers with opportunities to meet their objectives.
- Agency debt securities – We are active in agency debt securities, both bullets and callables. Vining Sparks is consistently a top underwriter of agency debt and can help tailor structures to specific investor demands.
- Certificates of Deposit – Vining Sparks is actively engaged in the FDIC insured CD market, serving as a place for CD investments as well as assisting issuers with funding needs
- Mortgage securities – We are most active in agency-backed (FNMA, FHLMC, and GNMA) mortgage related securities including fixed rate MBS, ARMs, CMOs, and multi-family securities.
- Small Business Administration securities – As a leading pooler of Small Business Administration loans pools, Vining Sparks is active in the market for SBA loans and securities. Our participation in the SBA market dates back to the inception of the SBA program.
- Government guaranteed loans – In addition to SBA securities, we actively trade the government guaranteed portions of SBA and USDA loans.
- Taxable municipal bonds – Vining Sparks is an underwriter of competitive new issue municipals and is active in the secondary market for taxable municipal bonds.
Whole Loan Trading
Whether you want to grow the credit union’s loan portfolio or you’re looking for sources of liquidity, Vining Sparks’ Loan Trading Group can assist you through the process. By leveraging our 4,500 institutional accounts, we can help meet your goals by making loan portfolio management as efficient as bond portfolio management.
If your institution needs liquidity, loan sales might be a great fit for you. Loan sales:
- Generate gain-on-sale on high credit quality loans
- Manage interest rate risk by reducing exposure where appropriate
- Manage credit risk through strategic sales
- Improve capital ratios by shrinking the balance sheet
If you have low loan demand and excess liquidity, loan acquisitions provide:
- Higher returns than organically originated loans, in many cases
- Faster and more efficient method to grow loan portfolio
- 100% due diligence prior to funding any purchases
Our group brings more than thirty years of experience in capital markets, including the sale and securitization in excess of $25 billion in loans. We offer:
- Market intelligence on current trading activity in a wide variety of loan types
- Structuring, negotiating and placing pools of loans
- Loan portfolio analysis – by loan type or for entire portfolios
- Portfolio management strategies that meet your objectives